Thursday, July 29, 2010
more Iphone photos and some bunnillion dollar questions
ok, ok, ok, ready, set, go! here's the letter i just sent my vet....who wants in on it? i'd love to read as much feedback as possible so all you know it all bunny mamas and papas with opinions as long as the day....let 'em rip or forever hold your peas.
so without further ado, here's the letter/bombshell:
i'm moving to oregon, and i'm really at a loss for how to try to figure out the best way to get the bunnies across the country. it's just bells and nuage still.
if i flew them maybe they could be sedated? could i administer the sedative or would a vet need to do it? i'm not sure how i'd schedule a vet visit AND a trip to the airport, they're in the opposite direction. how long is the longest one that is still safe for them, that i could give them? and finally, do their ears need to pop like ours do?
i'm about an hour and 20 minutes from the nearest airport and then i'm sure id need to get there early, so all in all they may be traveling/stressing for about 10 hours or so. delta airline lets small animals on board, obviously i'd NEVER check them with cargo.
i could try to drive them out very slowly.....taking my time and stopping regularly even for a day or two or three if need be and not driving for more then 4 hours at a time, but that would be long term ongoing stress. i could practice by trying to get them used to the car starting now, if i plan on leaving in approx 2 months.
in a way i wonder about flying, thinking it could mean instant death, or just hurry up and get it over with having all my little bag of bunny emergency stuff ready to implement upon landing.
what would you do? fly or drive....i have no set schedule, just waiting for it to cool off before trying.